Change Log of JFormDesigner 6
See also: What's New in JFormDesigner 6
New Features and Improvements
- MigLayout support.
- Support for HiDPI monitors (scaled UI and images).
- New modern icons (including 2x resolution).
- Stand-alone: New modern user interface.
- Stand-alone: New "Wide Layout" option shows Properties and Structure views side by side.
- IntelliJ IDEA plug-in: Darcula theme support improved.
- NetBeans plug-in: Support Darcula L&F (requires Darcula LAF plug-in).
- Design view: Improved grid selection figure (handles always at cell bounds).
- Properties view: Improved property editors for data types
- Properties view: Color editor now supports hex color values (e.g.
- Properties view: Search for multiple property names.
- Look and Feels: Highlight application L&F in toolbar combobox.
- Increment/decrement numbers in text fields using Up/Down keys (Ctrl+Up and Ctrl+Down in multi-line text fields).
- Command-line tool: Batch convert layout managers (e.g. from FormLayout to MigLayout).
- Code generator can now write IntelliJ IDEA non-nls tags
//NON-NLS). Enable it in the Preferences dialog.
- Stand-alone on Linux: Now using GTK+ look and feel.
- GroupLayout: Fixes in layout design (from NetBeans 8.1 and 8.2).
- Eclipse plug-in: Test form window did not receive focus.
- Eclipse plug-in: Resize Eclipse Preferences dialog when it is too small for JFormDesigner option pages.
- NetBeans plug-in: Resize NetBeans Options dialog when it is too small for JFormDesigner option pages.
- Disabling project specific "Java Code Generator > Layout Managers" settings did also disable project specific "GridBagLayout" settings.
- System Requirements: Oracle Java 6, 7 or 8 required.
- System Requirements: Eclipse 3.2 - 3.5, Eclipse 3.x Carbon and Motif, IntelliJ IDEA 9.0 - 11.1 and NetBeans 7.0 - 7.1 no longer supported.
- Dropped JBuilder plug-in.
- Dropped "Show Diagonals" and "Squint Test".
- Dropped Abeille forms converter.
- Dropped JGoodies UIF lite components.