Change Log of JFormDesigner 3.1
See also: What's New in JFormDesigner 3.1
- Fixed Java code generation of
booleanproperties when using Apache xbean-reflect.jar (e.g. in IntelliJ IDEA 7.0.4).
- Eclipse plug-in: Using and creating resource bundles on linked folders did not work.
- IntelliJ IDEA plug-in: Fixed a problem that did prevent opening form editors on startup of IntelliJ IDEA, if the form uses SwingX JXHeader component.
- Contents of custom dialogs/frames not shown in designer.
- Vista and Leopard dialog/frame borders in designer.
- "New Form" dialog did not remember the 'none' state for button bars in settings.
- Conversion from null layout to grid-based layout did not compute optimal column/row spans for multiple components.
- Clipboard: Paste frames/dialogs now always to the top-level.
- SpinnerDateModel editor did not show correct end date and changing end date was now always possible.
- CardLayout: Fixed NPE when trying to localize card name.
- Java code generator: Avoid unused import statements for FormLayout classes when using generation of explicit imports.
- Java code generator inserted unnecessary '}' at end of initComponents() in NetBeans 5.5+ generated .java files.
- Java code generator: Fixed possible wrong order of variables when using nested classes.
- Eclipse plug-in: Fixed occasional deadlock on opening forms when running Eclipse on Java 6.
- IntelliJ IDEA plug-in: Fixed occasional deadlock on running ANT build when running IntelliJ IDEA 7 on Java 6.
- Updated JRE 6.0 in Windows setup to JRE 6.0 Update 4.
- Updated JRE 5.0 in Windows setup to JRE 5.0 Update 14.
- Stand-alone edition: New icons for .jfd and .jfdproj files on Windows and Mac OS X.
- Mac OS X: Now using smaller fonts for palette, structure and properties views.
- Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard): Fixed missing selection in palette and fixed appearance of combo boxes in toolbar.
- Mac OS X: In-place-editing text field for frame and dialog titles now horizontally centered.
- Java code generator: Avoid unnecessary "bundle" variables when using own 'getString' templates in localization preferences.
- Java code generator: Assigning actions to buttons in nested classes did not work because the actions have been instantiated too late.
- Eclipse plug-in: Fixed casual activation of another view (Mac OS X only).
- IntelliJ IDEA plug-in: Fixed assertion when saving forms on project closing (since 3.1.1).
- Properties view: Changing "enabled" property of
javax.swing.Actionobjects did not work.
22.214.171.124 (IntelliJ IDEA plug-in only)
- IntelliJ IDEA plug-in: Fixed deprecated method ProjectImpl.getProjectFile() usage error in IntelliJ IDEA 7.0.
- Property editor for
- I18n: Support specification of resource bundle key for TitledBorders.
- Support for
- Java code generator: Possibility to specify whether to generate code on a form-by-form basis.
- Java code generator: Support for TableLayout implementation in another package.
- Eclipse plug-in: Added "Generate Java Code" command to designer toolbar.
- Updated JRE 6.0 in Windows setup to JRE 6.0 Update 3.
- Updated JRE 5.0 in Windows setup to JRE 5.0 Update 13.
- Updated JRE 1.4 in Windows setup to JRE 1.4.2_16.
- FlowLayout properties not shown in Properties view when running on Java 1.4 or Java 5 (since 3.1).
- Eclipse plug-in did not work on 64-bit Linux (since 3.1).
- IntelliJ IDEA plug-in: Fixed IllegalAccessException: Class com.jformdesigner.yX can not access a member of class com.intellij.openapi.localVcs.LvcsAction$1 with modifiers "public".
- IntelliJ IDEA plug-in: Fixed assertion when using Perforce VCS.
- JBuilder plug-in: jbInit() converter replaced layout manager of custom beans, which already had set the layout manager in the bean constructor.
- JBuilder plug-in: "Add" buttons on "Native Library Paths" preferences page did not work.
- Stand-alone: Update unknown palette icons on project open.
- Animated layout changes in Design view.
- Preferences page "General" added.
- Relative font specification.
- JBuilder 2005/2006 plug-in. (for JBuilder 2007 use the Eclipse plug-in)
- Support Java 6 baseline layout extensions of GridBagLayout and FlowLayout.
- Support abstract classes as superclass of forms.
- Support JavaBeans that use native libraries (e.g. JOGL). Added "Native Library Paths" page to the preferences.
- Properties view: Use spinner component as cell editor for number properties.
- Properties view: Improved keyboard editing: Space key starts editing; other keys replace old value.
- Added "no layout (GenericIndexLayout)" to list of layout managers in "New Container" dialog.
- Test form: If form uses CardLayout, then show same cards in the test form as in the Design view.
- Improved ButtonGroup member visualization.
- Support for ButtonGroup subclasses.
- Java code generator: Possibility to generate initComponentsI18n() method, which can be used to switch locale at runtime.
- Preferences: Added "Import" and "Export" buttons to the IDE plug-ins preferences/settings dialogs for importing and exporting of JFormDesigner .prefs files, which are compatible with all editions of JFormDesigner (IDE plug-ins and stand-alone).
- Preferences: Possibility to export parts of the preferences.
- Preferences: Added "Restore Defaults" button to preferences/settings dialogs of stand-alone edition and IntelliJ IDEA plug-in.
- Stand-alone: Possibility to change order of classpath entries in project dialog.
- Updated JGoodies Looks to 2.1.4.
- Updated JGoodies Forms to 1.1.
- Updated TableLayout to latest release (2007-03-06).
- The runtime library
jfd-loader.jar, which can be used to load .jfd files at runtime, is now open source licensed under the BSD license. Source code and javadoc are in the redist folder.
jfd-loader.jaris now about 20kB larger because it is no longer obfuscated.
- If a spinner component is focused in a dialog, the ENTER and ESC keys now work as expected and close the dialog.
- Properties view sometimes lost focus after editing a property value.
- Eclipse plug-in: Improved reliability and stability of Swing/SWT integration (especially on Mac OS X and Linux).
- Eclipse plug-in: Fixed StackOverflowError while calling X11 error handler, which sometimes occurred on Linux/GTK.
- Eclipse plug-in: When renaming a component in Outline view, the editing text field was not focused on Linux.
- Eclipse plug-in: Failed to open forms if xercesImpl.jar is in