Change Log of JFormDesigner 8
See also: What's New in JFormDesigner 8
New Features and Improvements
- FlatLaf Look and Feel (https://www.formdev.com/flatlaf/):
- Stand-alone: Use FlatLaf as application L&F and in Design view.
- Eclipse plug-in: Use FlatLaf Light for light Eclipse themes, or FlatLaf Dark if Eclipse uses a dark theme. Support FlatLaf in Design view.
- IntelliJ IDEA plug-in: Support FlatLaf in Design view.
- NetBeans plug-in: Support FlatLaf in Design view if NetBeans application look and feel is FlatLaf (Tools > Options > Appearance > Look and Feel).
- Stand-alone edition and the Eclipse plug-in now also support dark mode.
- Properties view:
- Modified properties are now highlighted using a green background.
- If Group by Defining Type or Alphabetical is selected, then read-only properties are now organized in a Read-only Properties category.
F3key shows editor dialog for selected row.
- Color properties now use hex format (e.g.
- Improved window title bars for
JDialogin design view:
- support dark window title bars on macOS and Linux
- use Windows 11 style on Windows
- replaced image based window borders with vector graphics
- IntelliJ IDEA plug-in on Windows: Use IntelliJ custom window decorations in JFormDesigner dialogs (shows dark window title bar in dark themes).
- IntelliJ IDEA plug-in: Use IntelliJ file chooser for JFormDesigner settings import/export and license key selection.
- Java Code Generator: Newly created Java files now include formatter off/on
@formatter:on), which can be used by Eclipse and IntelliJ IDEA formatters to exclude generated code from formatting.
- Replaced bitmap icons with SVG icons.
- Java 19 support.
- IntelliJ IDEA plug-in: Fixed incomplete search results for JFormDesigner options in Settings dialog (IntelliJ IDEA 2020.2 and later).
- System Requirements: Require Java 11 or later to run JFormDesigner.
- System Requirements: Dropped support for Eclipse 4.5 - 2019-12 (4.14), IntelliJ IDEA 2016.x - 2019.3 and NetBeans 8.0 - 12.2.
- Updated JREs in StandAlone editions to OpenJDK Java 17.0.3+7 (64 bit).
- macOS StandAlone edition is now a universal macOS binary (includes Apple Silicon and Intel JREs).
- Dropped JDeveloper plug-in.
- Updated MigLayout to 5.3.
- Removed "Look and Feels" preferences page.
- Removed bundled JGoodies Looks.